POSTED: June 2021
LOCATION: Flexible: remote or at Boston, Minneapolis, or Nashville offices
ABOUT BASIL SYSTEMS:
Basil Systems is a VC-funded, revenue generating, growth-oriented start-up breaking new ground in healthcare data analytics. We deliver a SaaS solution that leverages product, market and regulatory data that currently supports the medical device and pharmaceutical industries (more coming). We help our customers bring safe and innovative healthcare products to consumers, while reducing their time to market. After 14 months of stealth development, we soft launched in January 2021 to a very positive market reception. Our mission is to make healthcare better for everyone.
We are launching a commercial team to bring our unique solution to market. We seek individuals who understand technology and understand life sciences, and are motivated to invest their personal initiative and creative energy to help us develop a new market serving the healthcare industry. We work hard and support each other in a safe environment that welcomes all high performers, encourages diversity, embraces inclusion, and insists on equity. We want our culture, our work, and our market impact to inspire each of us.
Our current target clients are med-tech companies and the professional firms who serve them. As an early member of our small and growing team, successful candidates will be comfortable wearing different hats, juggling multiple responsibilities, being flexible and being a self-starter.
YOUR ROLE AND CONTRIBUTION:
- You’re joining our team at the very beginning. This is a critical hire for us. By joining at this moment, you have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis. We’ve proven our business model and customers are subscribing. Now we need you to hustle: go out, prospect, find promising leads, and engage potential customers.
- Drive outbound sales and business development: work with our team to research prospective accounts and identify leads. Monitor the marketplace.
- Connect with leads, conduct presentations and demos (virtually and/or in-person). You’ll do a lot of demos, but remember that genuine dialogue and listening are equally important to successful selling.
- Manage and deliver on all follow-up: quotes, meetings, calls, and trial site access (pilots)
- Participate in the entire sales pipeline, from opportunity to close, engaging colleagues as needed. (Eventual role specialization is available as the team grows.)
- You’ll coordinate with Marketing around outreach plans, programs and campaigns, conferences, communications and outreach so that our small team can generate real excitement and will have maximum sales impact. You’ll help with events too… at some point, everyone takes turn fetching coffee.
- Documents all customer interactions in the CRM, maintaining updates to assist with pipeline and opportunity management and reporting, and report regularly on sales activities and the status of discrete opportunities.
- We measure results, you figure out how to achieve them. No micromanaging.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially on phone/Zoom
- Personal initiative to get out in the world and “make hay”
- 2+ years of sales experience and demonstrated sales success
- Excellent time management and self-management discipline
- Strong interest in learning (and leading) new technologies and services
- High computer competence: CRM systems, web-based tools, Microsoft Office, etc.
- High degree of professional, interpersonal and organizational skills: a mature and responsible team player
- A command of sales and marketing concepts, with a desire to keep learning
- A good work/life balance attitude. This ain’t 9-to-5, it’s a start-up and it’s going to take a lot of time and energy. We take our clients (and closing deals) very seriously, but we stay relaxed about life. Work hard and take care of yourself.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Knowledge and experience around SaaS systems, technologies, and business models
- Exposure or understanding of healthcare and life-science industries
- Experience working with a CRM system to manage leads and pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology/bio, or related field
- A recognition that, in a high-growth exciting startup, no-one says, “that’s not my job”
WE’RE SMALL BUT PROFESSIONAL – SO OF COURSE WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:
- Competitive base salary with compelling commission structure
- Attractive equity package
- Excellent health insurance plan
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Freedom to work in our office(s) or remotely, basically anywhere (as most of us do)