Basil Systems understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal and non-personal information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who registers for, and uses, Basil Systems’ products and services (“Our Services”), and we will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
This Policy applies to Our Processing of your Personal Information when you register for communications, instructions, and/or access or use of Our Services. This Policy would apply to you as a visitor, end-user, representative, end-customer, (as applicable).
2. Personal Identification Information We Collect
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to Our Services, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site or from other related activities. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, title, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
3. Non-personal Identification Information We Collect
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
4. How We May Use Collected Information
a. To Communicate with You About Our Products and Services
We use the account information you provide to subscribe to Our Services to send you transactional emails or in-app notification about billing, account management, and other administrative matters. We may also send you updates regarding our Customer Terms of Service or other legal agreements, and may also communicate with you about security incidents via email or in-app notification.
We use your information to provide customer support, such as resolving technical issues you encounter and analyzing product outages or bugs.
b. To Provide the Subscription Service
We use your account information and Customer Data to provide the product and services to you per our Terms of Service. For example, we use the email address you provide when signing up for the product to create your user account, and we use your payment information to process payments for paid use of the Subscription Service. We also use this information to authenticate you when you log in and to provide customer support.
c. To Improve and Develop Our Product and Services
We collect usage data about how you (or your users of the Subscription Service) interact with our product and services. We use this data to develop and improve our products and services. For example, we use usage data to assess trends and usage across the product to help us determine what new features or integrations our users may be interested in.
We use Customer Data in an anonymized manner for machine learning that supports certain product features and functionality with the Subscription Service.
We may publish data about how our product and services are being used across our customer base. When we share statistical information externally in this way, the data will be aggregated and we will not identify individual users or customers. For example, we may publish blog posts on trends or insights into how users are interacting with our product.
d. To Secure and Protect our Users
We use your account information to investigate and help prevent security incidents. We may also use this information to meet legal requirements. We use your information to verify user accounts, new product sign-ups, and to detect and prevent product abuse.
We use log files to provide general statistics regarding use of the websites by you, including how you use our websites, what country you are logging in from (for analytics, export control and regulatory purposes) and to help improve the navigation experience. Your IP address is also collected and logged for security and debugging purposes, for example to track access patterns, investigate security events and incidents. For these purposes we do link this automatically-collected data to other personal data provided by you such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
e. To Market and Promote Our Subscription Service
We use the information you provide to Us to market and promote the products, services, and other offerings. For example, we use the information, like your email address, to send information or content to you which we think may be of interest and send you marketing communications relating to our business. We use this information to promote the use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you.
We may also reach out to you via telephone to ask about products or services you may be interested in. If you have a call or communication scheduled with Our representative, we may record and transcribe the communication. You will be notified prior to the communication that it is being recorded, and you will be offered an opportunity to opt-out of having it recorded.
f. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA and UK visitors only)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information depends on the type of information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information).
5. Data Retention Period
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information and how we collect and store it. After a reasonable period of time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When We have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using Our Services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
6. Data Security
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Information is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
7. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties/Partners
- We may share your Personal Information with other companies in Our group. This includes any subsidiaries, holding company or other related legal entities.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Services or website, including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your Personal Information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings or where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- As a visitor, end-user, representative, end-customer, using Our Services as defined herein, any data you provide in the process may be shared with vendors who may reach out to you in connection with the Services and/or to send you relevant marketing collateral with your permission and/or as permitted under law.
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities amongst other functions we undertake to cater Our Services to you. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may also share your Personal Information if we merge with or are acquired by another company. In such a case, your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
8. Children’s Privacy
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. Our Services, website and other offerings are not intended for or targeted at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information about children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided Us with Personal Information, he or she notify us immediately.
9. International Transfer of Personal Information
Your Personal Information and files including their backups are stored on our servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to Us. Your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders because We have servers located in multiple countries, and the companies we hire to help Us run our business may be located in different countries around the world.
- International Transfer
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be Processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or our partners.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and when your Personal Information is Processed outside EEA, We will ensure that the recipient of your Personal Information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Information as approved by the European Commission (Article 46 General Data Privacy Regulation, 2016), or We will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers.
10. Summary of Your Rights Under GDPR
(A) European Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed: You are entitled to know whether we hold your Personal Information and the purpose your Personal Information is processed for.
- Right of access: You are entitled to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, together with an explanation of the categories of Personal Information being Processed, the purposes of such Processing, and the details of third parties to whom the Personal Information may have been disclosed to.
- Right to rectification: You are entitled to correct / update your Personal Information available with us.
- Right to erasure: You are entitled to get your Personal Information erased from Our customer relationship management (CRM) databases. Please note that we need to retain certain Personal Information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
- Right to data portability: You are entitled to obtain and reuse your Personal Information. You can either obtain the Personal Information from Us or, in turn, provide it to a third party (if you so wish), or ask Us to transfer your Personal Information directly to a third party.
- Right to object/restrict Processing or both: You have a right to object / restrict the Processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances, including where the Personal Information is inaccurate (for the period during which we are verifying the Personal Information), the Personal Information is no longer required in light of the purpose of Processing, or in connection with direct marketing (you can prevent / discontinue marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information), or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in the emails we send you. You shall also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning and similarly significantly affecting you.
In the above cases, we will retain minimum Personal Information to note that you opted out from being contacted again. For the exercise of any of the above-mentioned rights, please write to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(B) California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, this section provides additional details about the personal information we collect about you, and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, or “CCPA.”
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides you the right to request:
- That we provide you access to details on the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect and/or sell (including how we use and disclose this information, to whom we may sell it);
- That we delete any of your personal information;
- To opt out of any “sale” of your personal information that may occur; and
- To not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above rights.
If you would like to request that we exercise your California privacy rights under the CCPA, please send us an email. We will verify your request using information associated with your account, including your email address. Further identification may be required. You may also designate an authorized representative to act on your behalf.
(C) Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law requires us to share with certain Nevada residents the option to opt out of the “sale” of “personally identifiable information,” as defined by Nevada law. We do not engage in such activity; however, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request under Nevada law to opt out of any potential future sales by emailing email@example.com.
11. Web-browser Cookies & Similar Technologies
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, Services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for multiple reasons. For more details, please refer to section 5, above, and to section below. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
- Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a prompt e.g. pop-up, message bar etc. requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
The following Third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
(a) Cookie List
(b) Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
(c) Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
(d) Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. For example, occasionally, we may include a link to a different provider of information or data referenced by Our Services. These third-party platforms have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of those linked sites, including their information practices.
13. Changes To This Policy
14. Your Acceptance of These Terms
Policy Effective From: January 11, 2022
Policy Last Updated: March 1, 2023