About Basil Systems:
Basil Systems is a young and dynamic company focused on improving the health outcomes of patients and consumers by helping medical device and drug companies deliver more innovative and safer products to market. We are actively seeking out a QA Engineer to help our product team and that wants to be part of an exciting new opportunity by finding bugs and crafting an amazing experience for our customers.
Some things to consider:
- Your will support a platform that is rapidly gaining customers by the dozens, including several Fortune 500 companies.
- Working with a platform that aims to continuously improve the quality of medical-devices and drugs, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact the health care of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
- You’ll become an important contributor to a company that is well-funded, revenue generating, and built by a very seasoned team with prior success in tech ventures.
You will consistently try to break things. Without doing any real harm, you will spend most of your time with our system trying to find novel ways to break it – especially before we put anything into the customers’ hands. Working in a distributed environment with a talented (and growing) team, you will:
- Find bugs!
- Spend your time with a small team of developers, testers, and designers to develop comprehensive black box, functional QA plans for current and future products
- Work closely with the engineering team to clarify bug details
- Document new bugs and usability issues / feature requests, and prioritize development
- Automate manual test processes
- Work with Sales and Marketing to capture bug details and feature requests from external sources
- Generate stepwise instructions to reproduce the problems you find, illustrated with screenshots
We are looking for a self-starter – someone who prefers to be engaged and proactive rather than reactive – with strong communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving aptitude. Of course, you are inquisitive by nature and realize that if you don’t find the bugs, our customers will. You have:
- 2+ years of experience as a SaaS QA engineer or similar role(s)
- Experience executing test cases, identifying defects and regressions
- Performing QA in a team development environment
- Knowledge and experience with JIRA, Github or other similar system(s)
- At least a year writing and executing test cases, and implementing automated software testing
- Familiarity with accessibility testing
We are a distributed team headquartered in Boston. However, our culture allows flexibility as to when, where and how you work best – and actively employ and support remote engineers.
- Competitive salary
- Health and vision (covered 100% by the company)
- An attractive equity package
Basil supports and encourages building a work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and safe for everyone — and we welcome all applicants.