POSTED: June 2021
LOCATION: Flexible: remote or at Boston, Minneapolis, or Nashville offices
ABOUT BASIL SYSTEMS:
Basil Systems is a VC-funded, revenue generating, growth-oriented start-up breaking new ground in healthcare data analytics. We deliver a SaaS solution that leverages product, market and regulatory data that currently supports the medical device and pharmaceutical industries (more coming). We help our customers bring safe and innovative healthcare products to consumers, while reducing their time to market. After 14 months of stealth development, we soft launched in January 2021 to a very positive market reception. Our mission is to make healthcare better for everyone.
We are launching a commercial team to bring our unique solution to market. We seek individuals who understand technology and understand life sciences, and are motivated to invest their personal initiative and creative energy to help us develop a new market serving the healthcare industry. We work hard and support each other in a safe environment that welcomes all high performers, encourages diversity, embraces inclusion, and insists on equity. We want our culture, our work, and our market impact to inspire each of us.
Our current target clients are med-tech companies and the professional firms who serve them. As an early member of our small and growing team, successful candidates will be comfortable wearing different hats, juggling multiple responsibilities, being flexible and being a self-starter.
YOUR ROLE AND CONTRIBUTION:
- You’re joining our team at the very beginning. This is a critical hire for us. By joining at this moment, you have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis. We’ve proven our business model and customers are subscribing. Now we need you to hustle: go out, prospect, find promising leads, and engage potential customers.
- As a SaaS B2B Account Executive, you will be responsible for owning, managing, and driving the full sales process from the first contact through closing new sales.
- Yes, this is an Outbound sales role. As we build an Inbound sales channel and grow our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and specialize to roles that best suit you.
- You’ll conduct presentations and do a lot of demos (virtually and/or in-person), but you know what they say: really successful Account Executives engage in dialogue more than they do product demos
- You’ll own all your follow-up management: meetings, calls, quotes, trial site access, customer evaluation pilots, etc.
- Your focus will be bigger accounts, and that means multiple contacts, influencers and deciders and approvers, and cultivating the organization to reach a positive conclusion
- You’ll take the lead as you coordinate with management to negotiate terms and customize deals – “land and expand” definitely can apply to Basil’s sales model
- You’ll participate in the entire sales pipeline, from opportunity to close, engaging colleagues as needed. You’ll work with CSMs (Customer Success Managers) who will ensure each new client gets the maximum value out of our service, and with our Tech Support and Marketing teams to effectively handle any client issues and requests
- You’ll coordinate with Marketing around outreach plans, programs and campaigns, conferences, communications and outreach so that our small team can generate real excitement and will have maximum sales impact. You’ll help with events too… at some point, everyone takes turn fetching coffee.
- Selling is vital, but so is managing our sales – you’ll utilize our CRM system to track client interactions and our opportunity pipeline, and report regularly on sales activities and the status of key opportunities
- Work with leadership to develop lead generation strategies to drive growth and enable effective prospecting and engagement
- Meet and exceed individual quota assignments – and be well rewarded for doing so. We measure results, you figure out how to achieve them. No micromanaging.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially on phone/Zoom /email
- Personal initiative to get out in the world and “make hay”. We hiring you to close deals.
- 3+ years of demonstrated sales experience and success closing B2B sales accounts. When you sign a customer where our platform meets their needs and they pay a fair price, it’s win-win-win: them, us, and you. Nicely done.
- Experience identifying and qualifying opportunities, then converting them to customers
- Excellent time management and self-management discipline, plus a willingness to learn and share what works well
- Strong interest in learning (and leading!) new technologies and services
- High technical acumen: CRM systems, web-based tools, Microsoft Office, etc.
- High degree of professional, interpersonal and organizational skills: a mature and responsible team player with a positive attitude and a passion to grow
- A command of sales and marketing concepts, with a desire to keep learning
- A good work/life balance attitude. This ain’t 9-to-5, it’s a start-up and it’s going to take a lot of time and energy. We take our clients (and closing deals) very seriously, but we stay relaxed about life. Work hard and take care of yourself.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Knowledge and experience around SaaS systems, technologies, and business models
- Exposure or understanding of healthcare and life-science industries (med-tech and pharmaceuticals)
- A desire to meet amazing, professional, influential customers: we interact with diverse leaders across the healthcare and life science industries. It’s both fun and rewarding.
- A network in the healthcare field (med-tech, pharma, consulting, hospitals, physicians…)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, technology/bio, or related field
- A recognition that, in a high-growth exciting startup, no-one says, “that’s not my job”
WE’RE SMALL BUT PROFESSIONAL – SO OF COURSE WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:
- Competitive base salary with compelling commission structure. If you’re less experienced, expect a lower base and bigger commissions to start with. Lots of experience meeting SaaS B2B sales quotes? Oh yeah, big bucks; when we win, you win.
- Attractive equity package
- Excellent health insurance plan
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays – you need you time!
- Freedom to work in our office(s) or remotely, basically anywhere (as most of us do)