POSTED: June 2021
LOCATION: Flexible: remote or at Boston, Minneapolis, or Nashville offices
ABOUT BASIL SYSTEMS:
Basil Systems is a VC-funded, revenue generating, growth-oriented start-up breaking new ground in healthcare data analytics. We deliver a SaaS solution that leverages product, market and regulatory data that currently supports the medical device and pharmaceutical industries (more coming). We help our customers bring safe and innovative healthcare products to consumers, while reducing their time to market. After 14 months of stealth development, we soft launched in January 2021 to a very positive market reception. Our mission is to make healthcare better for everyone.
We are launching a commercial team to bring our unique solution to market. We seek individuals who understand technology and understand life sciences, and are motivated to invest their personal initiative and creative energy to help us develop a new market serving the healthcare industry. We work hard and support each other in a safe environment that welcomes all high performers, encourages diversity, embraces inclusion, and insists on equity. We want our culture, our work, and our market impact to inspire each of us.
Our current target clients are med-tech companies and the professional firms who serve them. As an early member of our small and growing team, successful candidates will be comfortable wearing different hats, juggling multiple responsibilities, being flexible and being a self-starter.
YOUR ROLE AND CONTRIBUTION:
- You’re joining our team at the very beginning. This is a critical hire for us. By joining at this moment, you have the opportunity to see the impact of your work on a daily basis. We’ve proven our business model and customers are subscribing. Now we need you to hustle and drive outrageous customer satisfaction.
- The CSM helps our customers realize high business value from their investment in Basil Systems, and turns customers into passionate advocates. You will develop rich relationships with customers and promote their full adoption of our service.
- You will collaborate with sales to onboard new customers and ensure they are satisfied with Basil Systems, help them fully understand our platform, train their users, deliver updates, and learn about their needs to help connect them to our features.
- You will also play a key role resolving any customer issues, leveraging your customer relationships to help our internal support resources effectively address any concerns.
- As a CSM you will partner with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to develop and support plans, content, and initiatives to grow our commercial success.
- You’ll utilize our CRM system to track client interactions and manage visibility of opportunities, and report regularly on customer activities, emerging needs, and areas for development.
- We measure results, you figure out how to achieve them. No micromanaging.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, especially on phone/Zoom
- A high ability to coordinate numerous client workstreams concurrently, balancing priorities and potential conflicts while being responsive, professional, and downright friendly (AKA excellent time management and self-management discipline)
- Strong organization skills to update and track onboarding tasks and progress
- High computer competence: CRM systems, web-based tools, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Top-notch professional, interpersonal and organizational skills: a mature and responsible team player that can build strong, effective relationships with customers
- Strong interest in learning (and leading) new technologies and services in the healthcare industry space
- A command of sales and marketing concepts, with a desire to keep learning
- A good work/life balance attitude. This ain’t 9-to-5, it’s a start-up and it’s going to take a lot of time and energy. We take our clients (and closing deals) very seriously, but we stay relaxed about life. Work hard and take care of yourself.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- 2+ years’ experience managing client-facing projects and working with customers
- Knowledge and experience around SaaS systems, technologies, and business models
- Exposure and understanding of the business needs and dynamics of our healthcare and life-science industry customers
- Experience working with a CRM system to update and report on our customer pipeline
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- A recognition that, in a high-growth exciting startup, no-one says, “that’s not my job”
WE’RE SMALL BUT PROFESSIONAL, SO OF COURSE WE OFFER GREAT BENEFITS:
- Competitive base salary
- Attractive equity package
- Excellent health insurance plan
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays – you need you time!
- Freedom to work in our office(s) and/or remotely (as most of us do)